Sacred Heart School emphasizes reading and math skills.
- The Wilson Phonics program gives the students a firm foundation in reading.
- Simple Solutions in math is used on a daily basis starting with grade 2. This supplemental program reviews math skills and challenges students to solve problems using new skills.
- The students follow the Core Curriculum standards.
- Students in grades 1-4 are given the Star test to determine reading level for Accelerated Reading.
- The students may participate in Title I reading and the Pinocchio program, depending on needs.
- There is a counselor on site provided through Catholic Charities.
- Smart boards are used throughout the program.